Hugh Jackman in Talks for Villain Role in 'Pan'
Joe Wright is directing the Warner Bros. movie project, which chronicles the origins of Peter Pan and Captain Hook.
Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to star as the pirate Blackbeard in Pan, a Peter Pan origin story set up at Warner Bros.
Joe Wright, best known for costume dramas such as Atonement and Pride & Prejudice, is directing the project, which gives Pan the Batman Begins treatment.
The script by Jason Fuchs sees Pan and the man who becomes Hook as friends, with Hook a member of the crew on Blackbeard's pirate ship. Blackbeard is the villain of the piece, with the friends teaming up to take him down. However, a rift between the two soon develops, and diverging paths are taken.
Greg Berlanti is producing. Sarah Schechter is overseeing for the studio.
Pan could serve as a rare foray into villainy for Jackman, who is currently shooting Chappie, Neill Blomkamp's latest sci-fi movie, and is coming off strong notices for his work in Prisoners.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack