Hugh Jackman in Talks for Villain Role in 'Pan'
Joe Wright is directing the Warner Bros. movie project, which chronicles the origins of Peter Pan and Captain Hook.
Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to star as the pirate Blackbeard in Pan, a Peter Pan origin story set up at Warner Bros.
Joe Wright, best known for costume dramas such as Atonement and Pride & Prejudice, is directing the project, which gives Pan the Batman Begins treatment.
The script by Jason Fuchs sees Pan and the man who becomes Hook as friends, with Hook a member of the crew on Blackbeard's pirate ship. Blackbeard is the villain of the piece, with the friends teaming up to take him down. However, a rift between the two soon develops, and diverging paths are taken.
Greg Berlanti is producing. Sarah Schechter is overseeing for the studio.
Pan could serve as a rare foray into villainy for Jackman, who is currently shooting Chappie, Neill Blomkamp's latest sci-fi movie, and is coming off strong notices for his work in Prisoners.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport