Hugh Jackman Wants Wolverine to Join the Movie 'Avengers'
'Wolverine' star Jackman says that he finds it 'almost impossible' that his character couldn't team up with Marvel Studios' superhero team in the future.
With Marvel Entertainment's movie properties split across three studios - Fox has Fantastic Four and X-Men, Sony has Spider-Man and Marvel has everything else - the prospect of seeing an on-screen version of the current comic book Avengers featuring Captain America, Thor and Iron Man teaming up with Wolverine from the X-Men and Spider-Man to save the day on a regular basis seems almost impossible. One man, however, has hopes that it could happen. His name? Hugh Jackman.
During the film's press junket for his return to the role of everyone's favorite be-clawed mutant in The Wolverine, Jackman admitted that he's even asked Marvel about the possibility himself.
"I literally asked the same question the other day to Tom from Marvel who works with all the other studios, he works with Sony and Fox, that’s his job to liaise," Jackman told the website Collider. "I said, 'Man, can this happen?' and he goes 'Look, it’s not gonna be easy because you’re working with different studios and they’re their properties.'"
However, Jackman is remaining hopeful. "I believe - maybe I’m optimistic, I understand at Marvel they’ve got The Avengers, they’ve got a lot of big things going on, but at some point I just find it almost impossible that there’s not a way to bring Iron Man, all the Avengers characters, Wolverine, the X-Men characters, Spider-Man, and somehow get them in together," he said.
He's even got an idea of how to handle the business end of the whole thing. "I’m like, okay you’ve got three studios, just split it three ways in terms of the cost, and happy days it’s all coming together!" Okay, I didn't say it was necessarily a complicated idea of how to handle the business end, but still.
In the off-chance that this could help this cross-studio crossover happen, it's worth remembering that Andrew Garfield, the current movie Spider-Man, has already voiced his support for the idea of Spidey joining the Avengers at some point in the future. Clearly, it's time to get Samuel L. Jackson and Robert Downey Jr. involved…
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay