'The Wolverine' Poster Reveals Dark Look at the Marvel Mutant
Adamantium claws and a healing factor aren't the only weapons at Hugh Jackman's disposal in the upcoming "X-Men" spinoff.
Logan has yet another sharp weapon at his disposal in the new poster for The Wolverine. Both adamantium claws and Japanese blade look deadly in the hands of Hugh Jackman’s mutant, and the rain appears to set a darker tone for the follow-up to 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Directed by James Mangold, The Wolverine is set in Japan and is said to draw heavily from a 1980s comics run by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller, which saw the Marvel anti-hero travel to Japan and run afoul of ninjas and after he attempts to reunite with with a former lover.
Perhaps apropos to the poster, the comic storyline involves Wolverine getting a major beating from his former love interest's father, who is an expert swordsman.
A motion version of the poster can be viewed at the film’s official site.
The film is slated for July 26, 2013. Jackman may also reprise his role as Wolverine for X-Men: Days of Future Past, the follow-up to 2011’s X-Men: First Class, which is being directed by Bryan Singer, helmer of the first two X-Men films, and will reunite original castmembers Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!