'The Wolverine' Poster Reveals Dark Look at the Marvel Mutant
Adamantium claws and a healing factor aren't the only weapons at Hugh Jackman's disposal in the upcoming "X-Men" spinoff.
Logan has yet another sharp weapon at his disposal in the new poster for The Wolverine. Both adamantium claws and Japanese blade look deadly in the hands of Hugh Jackman’s mutant, and the rain appears to set a darker tone for the follow-up to 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Directed by James Mangold, The Wolverine is set in Japan and is said to draw heavily from a 1980s comics run by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller, which saw the Marvel anti-hero travel to Japan and run afoul of ninjas and after he attempts to reunite with with a former lover.
Perhaps apropos to the poster, the comic storyline involves Wolverine getting a major beating from his former love interest's father, who is an expert swordsman.
A motion version of the poster can be viewed at the film’s official site.
The film is slated for July 26, 2013. Jackman may also reprise his role as Wolverine for X-Men: Days of Future Past, the follow-up to 2011’s X-Men: First Class, which is being directed by Bryan Singer, helmer of the first two X-Men films, and will reunite original castmembers Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- 'Walking Dead' Star Laurie Holden Is A Real-Life Hero
- Kat Dennings On Kim Kardashian: 'I've Never Seen An Ass Like That In My Life'
- Jennifer Garner & Michelle Monaghan Help Honor Matthew McConaughey with Special Award!
- Eva Longoria & Cameron Diaz Show Huge Support For Hillary Clinton's Fundraiser
- Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain Rep 'Interstellar' at American Cinematheque Event!
- Reese Witherspoon & Kate Hudson Support Their Leading Man Matthew McConaughey!