'The Wolverine' Poster Reveals Dark Look at the Marvel Mutant
Adamantium claws and a healing factor aren't the only weapons at Hugh Jackman's disposal in the upcoming "X-Men" spinoff.
Logan has yet another sharp weapon at his disposal in the new poster for The Wolverine. Both adamantium claws and Japanese blade look deadly in the hands of Hugh Jackman’s mutant, and the rain appears to set a darker tone for the follow-up to 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Directed by James Mangold, The Wolverine is set in Japan and is said to draw heavily from a 1980s comics run by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller, which saw the Marvel anti-hero travel to Japan and run afoul of ninjas and after he attempts to reunite with with a former lover.
Perhaps apropos to the poster, the comic storyline involves Wolverine getting a major beating from his former love interest's father, who is an expert swordsman.
A motion version of the poster can be viewed at the film’s official site.
The film is slated for July 26, 2013. Jackman may also reprise his role as Wolverine for X-Men: Days of Future Past, the follow-up to 2011’s X-Men: First Class, which is being directed by Bryan Singer, helmer of the first two X-Men films, and will reunite original castmembers Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Jack Falahee on How to Get Away With Murder, Viola Davis, and His Cast BFFs
- Which Braverman Made Us Cry the Most on Parenthood? A Very Scientific Ranking
- Why Are There So Many Arnolds in This Terminator: Genisys Trailer?
- This Trailer for the New Divergent Movie Is Actually Trying to Get Us to Call It The Divergent Series: Insurgent
- Pregnant Isla Fisher Works on Her Fitness Before Giving Birth
- Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman's Son Could Be Born on Super Bowl Sunday 2015!
- Adrian Grenier Pitches New Movie About a Whale at Sundance
- Amy Schumer Freaks Out Anna Kendrick in First Promo for MTV Movie Awards 2015 - Watch Now!