'The Wolverine' Poster Reveals Dark Look at the Marvel Mutant
Adamantium claws and a healing factor aren't the only weapons at Hugh Jackman's disposal in the upcoming "X-Men" spinoff.
Logan has yet another sharp weapon at his disposal in the new poster for The Wolverine. Both adamantium claws and Japanese blade look deadly in the hands of Hugh Jackman’s mutant, and the rain appears to set a darker tone for the follow-up to 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Directed by James Mangold, The Wolverine is set in Japan and is said to draw heavily from a 1980s comics run by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller, which saw the Marvel anti-hero travel to Japan and run afoul of ninjas and after he attempts to reunite with with a former lover.
Perhaps apropos to the poster, the comic storyline involves Wolverine getting a major beating from his former love interest's father, who is an expert swordsman.
A motion version of the poster can be viewed at the film’s official site.
The film is slated for July 26, 2013. Jackman may also reprise his role as Wolverine for X-Men: Days of Future Past, the follow-up to 2011’s X-Men: First Class, which is being directed by Bryan Singer, helmer of the first two X-Men films, and will reunite original castmembers Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR