Hugh Laurie in Talks for Villain Role in Clooney's 'Tomorrowland' (Exclusive)
Disney's super secret sci-fi movie will be directed by Brad Bird and co-written by Damon Lindelof.
Hugh Laurie is in negotiations to play the villain in Tomorrowland, Disney’s top secret sci-fi project starring George Clooney and being directed by Brad Bird.
The plot of the movie project, which until a couple of weeks ago was being called 1952, is under lock and key, though it has been described as being in the vein of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Steven Spielberg’s 1978 movie about a man searching for extra-terrestrials on Earth.
All that is known about Laurie’s character is that he serves as the movie’s antagonist.
Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof co-wrote the script with Jeff Jensen, an editor at Entertainment Weekly.
The pedigree of Bird and Lindelof, their standing in the geek community and the force field of secrecy enveloping the project have raised interest in Tomorrowland.
Laurie is best known for his Emmy-nominated starring role as the brilliant but cold title character in Fox's House M.D. which ran from 2004-12. The show kept him busy, but he did find time to appear in the ensemble drama The Oranges and to lend his voice to such animated fare as Arthur Christmas and Monster vs. Aliens.
He is repped by WME, UK's Hamilton Hodell and Ziffren Brittenham.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Patrick Dempsey Won't Give Up a Racing Season Unless He Finds an Acting Role That's Worthwhile
- Nicole Richie Hits Disneyland with Jennifer Meyer After 'Candidly Nicole' Premieres!
- Ellen Page Named PETA's Sexiest Female Vegetarian
- Britney Spears' Unedited 'Alien' Was Vocal Warm-Up Session, Producer Says