'Hung' Actress Joins MGM's 'Poltergeist' Reboot (Exclusive)
Gil Kenan is directing the reboot, which also stars Sam Rockwell and Rosemarie DeWitt.
Jane Adams, best known for her work in Hung, has joined the cast of MGM and Fox 2000’s Poltergeist.
Gil Kenan is directing the reboot of the classic 1980s supernatural thriller, which has Sam Rockwell, Rosemarie DeWitt and Jared Harris starring in the story of a family that is visited by ghost.
At first, the ghosts appear friendly, moving objects around the house to the amusement of everyone, but things turn nasty when they kidnap the youngest daughter.
Adams will play a parapsychologist called in to help the family find their daughter and identify the supernatural forces at work in their home.
Beatrice Straight played the part in the original.
Adams is repped by Gersh, Peg Donegan at Framework Entertainment, and Sloane Offer Weber & Dern.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- We Spent Half An Hour Talking To Allison Janney About 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'
- Here's How 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Really Feels About That Emmy Snub
- 'American Horror Story' Leaked Call Sheet Signals Possible Return Of A Past Character
- New Visions on Romance: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review of I Origins & Mood Indigo
- Not Only is Zoe Saldana Pregnant, But She's Reportedly Expecting Twins!
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, and Daughters Sunday & Faith Join Reba McEntire's 'Pray for Peace' Campaign (Video)
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives for Court, Is Working Out a Plea Deal for His Recent Arrest Charges
- Kelsey Grammer & Wife Kayte Welcome Newborn Son Gabriel!