'The Hunger Games' Advance-Ticket Sale Date Announced
74 days before it's scheduled release, Lionsgate announced when fans can buy their tickets to see the film, starring Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson.
Continuing with their number-heavy marketing campaign, Lionsgate announced the on-sale date for advance tickets to its hotly-anticipated The Hunger Games Monday, 74 days before the film's March 23 release.
Fans will be able to begin purchasing tickets for the film, starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth, Wednesday, Feb. 22.
The number 74 is significant to fans of the Suzanne Collins series, because both the first book in the three-part tale, as well as this first film take place during the country of Panem's 74th Annual Hunger Games.
Last month, 100 days before Hunger Games' release, the studio held an online image scavenger hunt, asking fans to compile 100 "puzzle pieces" that made up a new movie poster. To promote the activity, Lionsgate created the Twitter topic #HungerGames100.
But, now, it's all about #HungerGames74.
Gary Ross directs the film, which also features Elizabeth Banks, Lenny Kravitz and Woody Harrelson.
It was also announced Monday that Lawrence will announce this year's Academy Award nominees Jan. 24.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR