'Hunger Games' Actress Joins Will Smith in 'After Earth' (Exclusive)
Isabelle Fuhrman is in negotiations to co-star in Columbia's sci-fi action adventure directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
Hunger Games actress Isabelle Fuhrman is in negotiations to join After Earth, Columbia’s sci-fi action adventure movie starring Will Smith and son Jaden Smith.
M. Night Shyamalan is directing the pic, which had previously been titled 1000 A.E. The story is set in a future in which humans no longer live on Earth after it becomes inhospitable. The elder Smith is playing a hero, while Jaden is his son, considered a failure as a warrior. When the two crash-land on Earth, it's up to the son to save the dad.
Fuhrman will play Jaden Smith character’s friend Rayna.
After Earth is due to begin shooting in March in locations in Pennsylvania and Utah. The project has a release date penciled for June 2013. Zoe Kravitz and Sophie Okonedo also are in the cast.
In Hunger Games, which hits theaters in March and is one of 2012’s most anticipated movies, Furhman plays Clove, an expert with knives. She also starred as the title character is the 2009 Dark Castle/Warner Bros. movie Orphan.
Fuhrman is repped by CAA and Trilogy Talent.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR