'Hunger Games' Casts Its District 6 Tributes
Ashton Moio and Kara Petersen have joined Lionsgate’s big-screen adaptation, set for a March 23, 2012, release.
Another set of tributes has been cast in Lionsgate’s upcoming Hunger Games film.
Ashton Moio and Kara Petersen have landed the unnamed tribute roles of District 6. In Suzanne Collins’ trilogy, it is unclear what the district specializes in, though it is assumed to be medicine and drugs.
The duo joins a cast led by Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta and Liam Hemsworth as Gale. Elizabeth Banks, Paula Malcolmson, Willow Shields, Amandla Stenberg, Dayo Okeniyi, Leven Rambin, Jack Quaid, Ian Nelson, Kalia Prescott, Ethan Jamieson, Tara Macken, Chris Mark and Jacqueline Emerson.
Key roles still left to be cast include tributes from District 2, 7, 8, 9 and 10, along with Haymitch and Cinna, Katniss’ designer.
Moio (No Ordinary Family, Dexter) is repped by Innovative Artists. Petersen has the J.J. Abrams-Steven Spielberg film, Super 8, coming.
The film, to be directed by Gary Ross, is slated for a March 23, 2012, release.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws