'Hunger Games' Casts Newcomer as Katniss' Sister, Prim Everdeen
Willow Shields has joined the Lionsgate adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novels.
Lionsgate’s Hunger Games movie has found Katniss’ younger sister, Primrose Everdeen.
Newcomer Willow Shields (In Plain Sight) has landed the role, nicknamed Prim in the books, the studio announced Wednesday. The actress joins Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta and Liam Hemsworth as Gale.
Prim plays a pivotal role in the first book of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy that leads to Katniss’ harrowing ways.
Elizabeth Banks is also in talks to join the Gary Ross-directed project as Katniss’ handler Effie Trinket.
Hunger Games will be produced by Nina Jacobson and Color Force. It will be released on the big screen March 23, 2012.
Shields can be seen in the upcoming CBS telefilm Beyond the Blackboard, airing Sunday.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'