'Hunger Games' Casts Newcomer as Katniss' Sister, Prim Everdeen
Willow Shields has joined the Lionsgate adaptation of the Suzanne Collins novels.
Lionsgate’s Hunger Games movie has found Katniss’ younger sister, Primrose Everdeen.
Newcomer Willow Shields (In Plain Sight) has landed the role, nicknamed Prim in the books, the studio announced Wednesday. The actress joins Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta and Liam Hemsworth as Gale.
Prim plays a pivotal role in the first book of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy that leads to Katniss’ harrowing ways.
Elizabeth Banks is also in talks to join the Gary Ross-directed project as Katniss’ handler Effie Trinket.
Hunger Games will be produced by Nina Jacobson and Color Force. It will be released on the big screen March 23, 2012.
Shields can be seen in the upcoming CBS telefilm Beyond the Blackboard, airing Sunday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR