'Hunger Games' Actor Dayo Okeniyi Books Pair of Big-Screen Roles (Exclusive)
"The Spectacular Now" and "Runner Runner" mark his signings since appearing in the Lionsgate blockbuster.
He wasn’t the last tribute standing, but Dayo Okeniyi has found life after the arena.
The Nigerian actor, who played Thresh in The Hunger Games, has booked a pair of roles in the indie coming-of-age drama The Spectacular Now and the Ben Affleck starrer Runner Runner for New Regency.
In Spectacular Now, Okeniyi joins a cast that includes Shailene Woodley, Miles Teller and Brie Larson.
Directed by James Ponsoldt, the film centers on a charismatic high school senior who lives only for the moment. Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber adapted the screenplay from a Tim Tharp novel.
Tom McNulty is producing.
In the Brad Furman-helmed Runner Runner, Okeniyi plays a Princeton Ph.D. student. The film, which centers on a businessman caught up in the world of offshore online gaming, also stars Justin Timberlake. Shooting is under way in Puerto Rico.
Brian Koppelman and David Levien, who together penned the Runner Runner screenplay, are producing alongside Leonardo DiCaprio.
The projects mark Okeniyi's first two signings since The Hunger Games.
He is repped by Sweeney Entertainment and McKuin Frankel Whitehead.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR