'The Hunger Games' Director Gary Ross Promises 'Hugely Epic' Things to Come
MTV Movie Awards viewers had mixed reactions to the first look at the Lionsgate film, which debuted during the Aug. 28 awards ceremony.
For those fans let down by Lionsgate's first look at The Hunger Games, fear not.
Director Gary Ross told MTV that audiences will have to be patient, as the film is still currently in production. With shooting not yet wrapped, a teaser was all that the filmmaker could offer though he promises something bigger and better for the future.
"We're still shooting, so unfortunately it's just a teaser. We could only give you a little bit because we're still down here making the movie," he said. "But there's a lot of things to come that I think are going to be hugely epic and very emotional and incredibly powerful."
Jennifer Lawrence introduced the brief clip from the North Carolina set during the 2011 MTV VIdeo Music Awards.
"Hi, I wish I could be at the VMAs in person but I'm in North Carolina filming The Hunger Games," she said. "Like so many of you I'm a huge fan of these books and I can't wait to share the movie with you in March."
The Hunger Games is set to hit theaters on March 23, 2012. The film stars Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, Stanley Tucci, Woody Harrelson and Lenny Kravitz.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10