'Hunger Games' Finds Its Cato and Clove
Alexander Ludwig and Isabelle Fuhrman join the Lionsgate film.
The identities of the last team of tributes in The Hunger Games have finally been revealed.
Alexander Ludwig, who appeared in Race to Witch Mountain, and Isabelle Fuhrman, who starred in Orphan, have been cast in the pivotal roles of District 2’s Cato and Clove, respectively, joining 22 other relative unknowns in the anticipated Lionsgate adaptation.
In the Suzanne Collins novel, District 2 tributes are a part of a group known as the “Careers,” often volunteering to participate in the deadly Hunger Games. District 2, located not far from the Capitol, specialized in mining before moving into the production of nuclear weapons after the war and its tributes were better fed than other citizens. Cato and Clove play pivotal roles during the 74th Hunger Games, proving to be obstacles for protagonist Katniss and teammate Peeta.
Ludwig, repped by ICM and Lucas Talent, and Fuhrman, repped by CAA and Trilogy Talent, join a cast led by Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Banks, the recently cast Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci, Wes Bentley, Paula Malcolmson and Liam Hemsworth.
The film, set to be released March 23, will be directed by Gary Ross.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum