'Hunger Games' Getting Help From Director Steven Soderbergh
The "Ocean's Eleven" director is taking the helm for a portion of second unit shooting on the Lionsgate adaptation.
The Hunger Games is being directed by Gary Ross, but the big-screen adaptation of the popular Suzanne Collins novels is getting some help from an unlikely person: Steven Soderbergh.
Soderbergh, who directed The Informant, Ocean's Eleven and Erin Brokovich, is taking the helm for part of second unit shooting on the Lionsgate film, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
"Soderbergh in the house this weekend!!!," a film's production designer tweeted. Another person working on the film wrote, "Holy shit! Just found out that Steven Soderbergh is coming to the #hungergames to direct 2nd Unit."
According to Indiewire, which first reported the news, Ross and Soderbergh have been pals for several years. Soderbergh was a producer on the Reese Witherspoon-Tobey Maguire film Pleasantville, which Ross directed.
Hunger Games is slated for a March 23, 2012 release. Soderbergh will head to the Venice Film Festival later this year to debut the Matt Damon feature Contagion and Haywire is set to be released Jan. 20, 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR