Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid's Teen Son Makes Film Debut in 'The Hunger Games'
19-year-old Jack Quaid, a sophomore at NYU, makes his big-screen acting debut as one of the "Career Tributes" in Suzanne Collins' popular book series.
His parents had on-screen chemistry that resulted in a Valentine's Day wedding in 1991. But will Jack Quaid, the only son of Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid, find the same acting success as his famous parents?
Currently a sophomore in the Experimental Theatre Wing at the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, Quaid is finally getting his chance to show what he can do in front of the camera.
But he knows it won't be easy to gain a following; cast as Marvel in the upcoming Hunger Games movie, Quaid's dastardly character is one of the "Career Tributes" who have been preparing since childhood to compete in the Games. “When I got cast, I was told that people would be spitting on me in the streets,” he told Interview magazine.
Quaid has previously only appeared in short films that can be seen on Funny or Die, but The Hunger Games, out March 23, is his first film with a budget more than "about 20 bucks." But he has fond memories of childhood visits to see his parents at work. “I’ve been on sets my whole life,” he says. “But this is the first time in front of the camera and not in a chair with Sour Patch Kids from the craft services truck. It was a new sensation. It was weird... I really liked it.”
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet