'Hunger Games' Movie Finds Its Rue, Thresh
Two newcomers will join Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth in Lionsgate’s big-screen adaptation.
Lionsgate has cast two more characters in its big-screen adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ Hunger Games novels.
The District 11 tributes, Rue and Thresh, will be played by newcomers Amandla Stenberg and Dayo Okeniyi, respectively. The pair joins previously cast District 12 tributes, Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson), along with Katniss’ hunting partner Gale (Liam Hemsworth).
Stenberg recently finished filming Colombiana, starring Zoe Saldana. Okeniyi has starred in the short film Eyes to See.
In Hunger Games, Rue becomes Katniss’ eventual ally, but things get hairy at the end of the Games for the 12-year-old girl. Thresh, in the book, is known to be an intimidating and physically strong tribute.
Lionsgate made the announcement on the official Hunger Games page on Facebook and will continue to unveil castings on the site.
Hunger Games, being directed by Gary Ross and produced by Nina Jacobson, will be in theaters March 23, 2012.
Okeniyi is repped by David Sweeney and Kanica Suy at Sweeney Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed