'Hunger Games': MTV Teases the Teaser (Video)
A one-second clip from Lionsgate’s film makes its way into a VMA promo.
The Hunger Games is so big that a teaser for a teaser gets buzz.
MTV premiered a promo for Sunday’s Video Music Awards telecast which shows – if you’re careful not to blink – a one-second clip from The Hunger Games film.
At the VMA’s the full promo for the Lionsgate film will premiere during the show. The female protagonist, Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) can be seen looking at something—something probably scary. Fans have already seen a few stills from the movie, but this will be the first clip provided to the public.
The Hunger Games, based on the novels by Suzanne Collins, follows 16-year-old Katniss, who lives in a post-apocalyptic American called Panem. Every year, the rulers of the nation require each of the 12 districts to send one boy and one girl to the Hunger Games, a fight-to-the-death competition in which only one contestant survives.
The VMAs will also include performances by Beyonce, Pitbull and Lady Gaga this year, along with special tributes to Britney Spears and Amy Winehouse.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR