'Hunger Games' Taps 'Caprica' Actress as Katniss and Prim's Mother
Paula Malcomson joins Jennifer Lawrence and Willow Shields in the Lionsgate movie adaptation.
Katniss and Prim’s mother has been cast in Lionsgate’s Hunger Games movie adaptation.
Paula Malcomson, who recently starred in Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica, has landed the role, joining Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) and Willow Shields (Prim) as her daughters.
In the books, Katniss and Prim’s mother is grieving after her husband’s death, living in fear that her daughters will participate in the deadly Hunger Games.
Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Amandla Stenberg, Dayo Okeniyi, Leven Rambin and Jack Quaid round out the rest of the cast so far for the Gary Ross-directed film, which is produced by Nina Jacobson and Color Force. Elizabeth Banks is in talks to play Effie.
Malcomson, who has also appeared in HBO’s Deadwood and FX’s Sons of Anarchy, is repped by UTA and Seven Summits.
The film is in theaters March 23, 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR