'Hunger Games' Taps 'Caprica' Actress as Katniss and Prim's Mother
Paula Malcomson joins Jennifer Lawrence and Willow Shields in the Lionsgate movie adaptation.
Katniss and Prim’s mother has been cast in Lionsgate’s Hunger Games movie adaptation.
Paula Malcomson, who recently starred in Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica, has landed the role, joining Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) and Willow Shields (Prim) as her daughters.
In the books, Katniss and Prim’s mother is grieving after her husband’s death, living in fear that her daughters will participate in the deadly Hunger Games.
Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Amandla Stenberg, Dayo Okeniyi, Leven Rambin and Jack Quaid round out the rest of the cast so far for the Gary Ross-directed film, which is produced by Nina Jacobson and Color Force. Elizabeth Banks is in talks to play Effie.
Malcomson, who has also appeared in HBO’s Deadwood and FX’s Sons of Anarchy, is repped by UTA and Seven Summits.
The film is in theaters March 23, 2012.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move