'I Am Legend 2' Proceeding With Will Smith and Akiva Goldsman Producing, Arash Amel Writing
The original film's star and producer enlist "The Expatriate" writer Arel for another installment in Warner Bros.' "Legend"-ary saga.
Arash Amel has been hired to write a screenplay for I Am Legend 2 for Warner Bros. Will Smith is on board to produce through his Overbrook Entertainment shingle, with the potential once again to star.
Akiva Goldsman, who co-wrote and produced I Am Legend, also will return as a producer.
The 2007 horror thriller starred Smith as the last surviving human in a New York cityscape overrun by monsters that survived the plague that killed most of humanity. Co-written by Mark Protosevich and directed by Francis Lawrence, it grossed $585 million worldwide. It is unclear how the storyline will be developed in the new project since Smith's character, Robert Neville, perished at the end of the first film.
The CAA-repped Amel has the action thriller The Expatriate in production, and his screenplay Grace of Monaco is in development.
Smith produced Fox's recent release This Means War, and he stars in the Sony sequel Men in Black III, which hits theaters in May.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR