Aaron Eckhart Is a Monster in 'I, Frankenstein' Trailer (Video)
The film also stars Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski and Miranda Otto.
Aaron Eckhart may be easier on the eyes than the Frankenstein monster you're used to, but he's still a beast. In the first trailer for I, Frankenstein, Adam (Eckhart) emerges in the modern world after being given life 200 years ago. A war is brewing, and there are tens of thousands of monsters like him who mean to do humanity harm. It's up to Eckhart's character to decide if he'll save the day.
At Comic-Con, Eckhart told The Hollywood Reporter the film has a strong human story that happens to be set in a fantastical world.
"The story revolves around a man who is trying to find his purpose in life," Eckhart said. "In cinema, and television Frankenstein has become a clunky, inarticulate, sort of catatonic figure. And we don't do that at all. He's very active, smart and sexy."
The film was written and directed by Stuart Beattie, based on the comic book by Kevin Grevioux. I, Frankenstein also stars Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski and Miranda Otto.
The film, from Lionsgate and Lakeshore Entertainment, hits theaters Jan. 24, 2014.
Watch the trailer, as well as what Eckhart had to say about the film at Comic-Con, below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)