Aaron Eckhart Is a Monster in 'I, Frankenstein' Trailer (Video)
The film also stars Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski and Miranda Otto.
Aaron Eckhart may be easier on the eyes than the Frankenstein monster you're used to, but he's still a beast. In the first trailer for I, Frankenstein, Adam (Eckhart) emerges in the modern world after being given life 200 years ago. A war is brewing, and there are tens of thousands of monsters like him who mean to do humanity harm. It's up to Eckhart's character to decide if he'll save the day.
At Comic-Con, Eckhart told The Hollywood Reporter the film has a strong human story that happens to be set in a fantastical world.
"The story revolves around a man who is trying to find his purpose in life," Eckhart said. "In cinema, and television Frankenstein has become a clunky, inarticulate, sort of catatonic figure. And we don't do that at all. He's very active, smart and sexy."
The film was written and directed by Stuart Beattie, based on the comic book by Kevin Grevioux. I, Frankenstein also stars Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski and Miranda Otto.
The film, from Lionsgate and Lakeshore Entertainment, hits theaters Jan. 24, 2014.
Watch the trailer, as well as what Eckhart had to say about the film at Comic-Con, below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game