Ian McShane Joins Bryan Singer's 'Jack the Giant Killer'
The "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor will play a king in the movie, which also stars Nicholas Hoult, Stanley Tucci, Eleanor Tomlinson, Ewan McGregor, Bill Nighy and John Kassir.
Ian McShane, who plays Blackbeard in the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, is going regal for his next role.
The actor has been cast to play a king in New Line's Jack the Giant Killer, the Bryan Singer-directed retelling of Jack and the Beanstalk fairy tale. Jack centers on a farm boy (Nicholas Hoult) who leads an expedition to free a princess (Eleanor Tomlinson) taken hostage by a giant, a situation that threatens the uneasy peace between humans and giants.
Stanley Tucci is a villain, an adviser to the king with designs on usurping power, with Ewan McGregor, Bill Nighy and John Kassir rounding out the cast.
McShane will play the princess' father, King Brahmwell, who is none too thrilled about a union between his daughter and a farmer boy.
The actor, repped by ICM, Independent Talent Group and Gallant Management, was last seen in TV's Pillars of the Earth.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game