IDW, 44Flood Team For 'Libretto Vol. 1: Vampirism'
The first volume of the new series from the art collective focuses on misuse of power, mixing comics, paintings and more.
44Flood, the artist collective formed by Ben Templesmith, Kasra Ghanbari and menton3, is out for blood with the first volume of its new Libretto anthology series.
Subtitled Vampirism, the first installment of the group's anthology isn't themed around those with a particular aversion to garlic and fondness for necking, but instead in their own words, "the misuse of power, as well as the objectification and exploitation of others." Edited by Ghanbari, the anthology -- which will feature work from Riley Rossmo, Christopher Mitten and George Pratt, amongst many others -- will be the first release developed in partnership with IDW Publishing.
"We’re excited to have Libretto launch our partnership with IDW," Ghanbari explained in a statement accompanying the announcement. "Libretto has both narrative and symbolic works, comic book panels and gallery paintings, alchemical approaches and comedy. It celebrates the ability of art to affect the way we consider and see the world."
Libretto Volume 1: Vampirism will be released in April.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack