IDW, 44Flood Team For 'Libretto Vol. 1: Vampirism'
The first volume of the new series from the art collective focuses on misuse of power, mixing comics, paintings and more.
44Flood, the artist collective formed by Ben Templesmith, Kasra Ghanbari and menton3, is out for blood with the first volume of its new Libretto anthology series.
Subtitled Vampirism, the first installment of the group's anthology isn't themed around those with a particular aversion to garlic and fondness for necking, but instead in their own words, "the misuse of power, as well as the objectification and exploitation of others." Edited by Ghanbari, the anthology -- which will feature work from Riley Rossmo, Christopher Mitten and George Pratt, amongst many others -- will be the first release developed in partnership with IDW Publishing.
"We’re excited to have Libretto launch our partnership with IDW," Ghanbari explained in a statement accompanying the announcement. "Libretto has both narrative and symbolic works, comic book panels and gallery paintings, alchemical approaches and comedy. It celebrates the ability of art to affect the way we consider and see the world."
Libretto Volume 1: Vampirism will be released in April.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan