Image Comics Announces Stand-Alone Expo at San Diego Comic-Con
The event will take place hours before the "Preview Night" of the annual pop culture extravaganza in the nearby Hilton Bayfront.
Image Expo, the stand-alone event hosted by Image Comics that acts as both mini-comic convention and Apple keynote-style press conference to announce new projects and signings, is on the move. The publisher announced Monday that a second 2014 Image Expo will be held in San Diego, a day ahead of this year’s San Diego Comic-Con.
In a statement accompanying the announcement, Image publisher Eric Stephenson said that the company wants “to get our message out to as many members of the comics community—and connect with Image fans outside of our San Francisco Bay Area home—and felt that taking Expo on the road would be a fun way to do that.”
The fourth Image Expo will take place at the Hilton Bayfront, beside the San Diego Convention Center, beginning at 2pm on July 23, just hours before the beginning of Comic-Con’s “Preview Night.” According to the publisher, members of the press and comic retailers will be issued complimentary passes to attend, with details about further ticketing (and the creators who’ll be appearing at the Expo) to be announced at a later date.
The previous Image Expo took place in January, unveiling much of the publisher’s slate for 2014 including the critically-acclaimed The Wicked + The Divine and Batman writer Scott Snyder’s supernatural series Wytches, amongst many other series.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!