Image Teases 'Bold New Direction' for 'Invincible'
Before this Thursday's Image Expo, the publisher teases big changes for Robert Kirkman's superhero series.
Image Comics' third Expo takes place this Thursday, bringing with it announcements of new projects and new creators joining the successful independent publisher over the next 12 months. Ahead of the actual event, the publisher has released a teaser image promising a "bold new direction!" for a current series.
The image is an echo of the 2003 first-issue cover of Robert Kirkman's Invincible series, as illustrated by Cory Walker, as re-created by artist Ryan Ottley for the series' 75th issue in 2010. In fact, it appears to actually be the Ottley re-creation, judging by the background, although it may simply be a particularly faithful re-creation.
The file name for the image refers to it being a teaser for Invincible #111, which is due for release in April. The most recently solicited issue of the series, March's #110, is fittingly described with the logline "All good things must come to an end," meaning that the "1st Issue in a Bold New Direction!" hype may be…well, more than hype this time around.
Could there be an all-new Invincible coming to the series? We'll know the answer Thursday.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip