Imogen Poots to Star in DreamWorks' 'Need for Speed'
The "Fright Night" actress joins Aaron Paul in the big-screen adaptation of the Electronic Arts video game.
Imogen Poots is revving up for the female lead in DreamWorks' action film Need for Speed.
The Fright Night actress is in negotiations to star opposite Aaron Paul in the big-screen adaptation of the popular Electronic Arts video game. Poots will play a savvy exotic car dealer who connects the wealthy with high-end supercars.
Scott Waugh, one half of the Act of Valor helming team, will direct the film, which has been dated for release on Feb. 7, 2014.
DreamWorks has said the movie will be “rooted in the tradition of the great car-culture films of the '70s while being extremely faithful to the spirit of the video game franchise."
George Gatins and John Gatins developed the original story, with George penning the screenplay. The script is based on the Need for Speed games but not on any one individual title. (The newest game installment, Need for Speed Most Wanted, launched this week.)
John Gatins, Mark Sourian and EA’s Patrick O’Brien will produce.
U.K. native Poots, whose bevy of upcoming credits includes Filth opposite James McAvoy, is drawing raves for her role in A Late Quartet, which bowed last month at the Toronto International Film Festival.
She is repped by CAA and Independent Talent.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)