Indie Horror Pic 'You're Next' Gets a Release Date
Adam Wingard's genre film was a must-see at the 2011 TIFF, with Lionsgate ultimately winning the distributing rights.
You’re Next, one of the hits of last year’s Toronto International Film Festival, is finally getting a release date.
Lionsgate has set Aug. 23, 2013 for the horror movie directed by Adam Wingard, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Next was one of the must-sees of 2011 TIFF and premiered during the festival’s Midnight Madness sidebar. A minor bidding war erupted with Lionsgate finally edging out Paramount for the movie.
The low-budget movie centers on a family reunion under siege from animal-masked killers and features a memorable performance by Sharni Vinson.
Genre-oriented websites were calling it the best horror movie of the year while we at Heat Vision called it “the standup and cheer horror movie of the year.”
The release date will be almost two years after Lionsgate acquired the movie, but hopefully audiences find it worth the wait.
Collider broke the news.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)