Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne Coming Back for 'Insidious' Sequel
UPDATED: Actors Lin Shaye and Ty Simpkins will also reteam with director James Wan and screenwriter Leigh Whannell for the follow-up.
Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne will reprise their roles for Insidious Chapter 2, the sequel to the hit 2010 horror movie made by FilmDistrict, Alliance Films and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions.
James Wan will return as director for the second chapter, which also will bring back actors Lin Shaye and Ty Simpkins as well as original screenwriter Leigh Whannell. Jason Blum is returning as producer.
FilmDistrict will release the film in the U.S. on Aug. 30, while Alliance Films, which is financing, will distribute in Canada, the U.K. (via its Momentum Pictures subsidiary) and Spain (via Aurum). Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions will distribute in all other international territories.
Production is set to begin Jan. 15 in Los Angeles.
Insidious was made for only $1.5 million and grossed $97 million worldwide, proving a boon for FilmDistrict, which had the rights. The film led many producers to see the viability of low-budget, non-found-footage projects.
The movie followed a mother and father who try to save their son from being possessed and trapped in a dark dimension.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR