Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne Coming Back for 'Insidious' Sequel
UPDATED: Actors Lin Shaye and Ty Simpkins will also reteam with director James Wan and screenwriter Leigh Whannell for the follow-up.
Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne will reprise their roles for Insidious Chapter 2, the sequel to the hit 2010 horror movie made by FilmDistrict, Alliance Films and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions.
James Wan will return as director for the second chapter, which also will bring back actors Lin Shaye and Ty Simpkins as well as original screenwriter Leigh Whannell. Jason Blum is returning as producer.
FilmDistrict will release the film in the U.S. on Aug. 30, while Alliance Films, which is financing, will distribute in Canada, the U.K. (via its Momentum Pictures subsidiary) and Spain (via Aurum). Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions will distribute in all other international territories.
Production is set to begin Jan. 15 in Los Angeles.
Insidious was made for only $1.5 million and grossed $97 million worldwide, proving a boon for FilmDistrict, which had the rights. The film led many producers to see the viability of low-budget, non-found-footage projects.
The movie followed a mother and father who try to save their son from being possessed and trapped in a dark dimension.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized