First Teaser for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Debuts (Video)
The title, starring Matthew McConaughey, hits theaters on Nov. 7, 2014.
The first trailer for Christopher Nolan's Interstellar has arrived, teasing the notion of reviving humanity's will to explore the universe.
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible," narrates Matthew McConaughey over archive flight and moon-landing footage. "And we count these moments, these moments when we dared to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown, known."
The film, Nolan's first directorial effort since 2012's The Dark Knight Rises, stars McConaughey alongside Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Wes Bentley, Bill Irwin and Michael Caine.
The official synopsis is short on details but teases a future where "NASA is no more, and the 20th century is to blame." Also, it appears that there may be some sort of time travel involved: "A mysterious rip in spacetime opens and it's up to whatever is left of NASA to explore."
The Paramount and Warner Bros. title, which began shooting in August, hits theaters on Nov. 7, 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)