First Teaser for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Debuts (Video)
The title, starring Matthew McConaughey, hits theaters on Nov. 7, 2014.
The first trailer for Christopher Nolan's Interstellar has arrived, teasing the notion of reviving humanity's will to explore the universe.
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible," narrates Matthew McConaughey over archive flight and moon-landing footage. "And we count these moments, these moments when we dared to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown, known."
The film, Nolan's first directorial effort since 2012's The Dark Knight Rises, stars McConaughey alongside Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Wes Bentley, Bill Irwin and Michael Caine.
The official synopsis is short on details but teases a future where "NASA is no more, and the 20th century is to blame." Also, it appears that there may be some sort of time travel involved: "A mysterious rip in spacetime opens and it's up to whatever is left of NASA to explore."
The Paramount and Warner Bros. title, which began shooting in August, hits theaters on Nov. 7, 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws