'Iron Man 3' To Be Shot in North Carolina
The Marvel Studios film passed up filming in Michigan because of limited incentives.
Marvel Studios has decided to shoot the Shane Black-directed Iron Man 3 in North Carolina.
The Detroit Free Press reports the studio had sought to film the superhero sequel at Michigan's Raleigh Michigan Studios, but wanted between $20 million and $30 million in incentives. Because of a cap implemented on film incentives earlier this year by the Michigan state government, any film incentive more than $25 million would have to be brought before the legislature.
Though the state did make a matching offer of $20 million in incentives, Marvel ultimately decided to shoot the film in North Carolina.
The film starring Robert Downey Jr. is expected to be released in May 2013.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR