'Iron Man 3' To Be Shot in North Carolina
The Marvel Studios film passed up filming in Michigan because of limited incentives.
Marvel Studios has decided to shoot the Shane Black-directed Iron Man 3 in North Carolina.
The Detroit Free Press reports the studio had sought to film the superhero sequel at Michigan's Raleigh Michigan Studios, but wanted between $20 million and $30 million in incentives. Because of a cap implemented on film incentives earlier this year by the Michigan state government, any film incentive more than $25 million would have to be brought before the legislature.
Though the state did make a matching offer of $20 million in incentives, Marvel ultimately decided to shoot the film in North Carolina.
The film starring Robert Downey Jr. is expected to be released in May 2013.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!