'Iron Man 3' Image Released as Shooting Begins (Photo)
Director Shane Black reunites cast members Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Jon Favreau for the series’ third installment.
No doubt emboldened by the runaway success of The Avengers, the cast and crew for the next Marvel Studios movie convened Monday as the production of Iron Man 3 got underway. Working under the auspices of writer-director Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), star Robert Downey Jr. reunited with Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Jon Favreau for the third and final installment in the solo superhero saga.
Iron Man was Marvel’s first big box office success as an independent production studio, and the series has since become the jewel in the crown of its cinematic empire. The film is Marvel's first since The Avengers broke box office records around the world, earning $1,359,450,398 and counting. Concurrent with the announcement, Iron Man 3 distributor Walt Disney Pictures released the first image from the production, which features Downey’s character Tony Stark surveying the various iterations of the armor he has worn in battle.
Iron Man 3 is scheduled for release on May 3, 2013. Behind the cameras, Shane commands a crew that includes cinematographer John Toll (The Thin Red Line), production designer Bill Brzeski (The Hangover and The Hangover Part II), editors Jeffrey Ford, A.C.E (The Avengers, Captain America: First Avenger) and Peter S. Elliot (Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer), and costume designer Louise Frogley (Quantum of Solace).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram