Marvel Reveals New Look at Ben Kingsley in 'Iron Man 3' Poster
The latest sequel in the comic-book franchise will debut May 3 in theaters.
"Lesson No. 1: Heroes, there's no such thing," says a menacing Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin in the first trailer for Iron Man 3. On Friday, Marvel debuted a striking image of Robert Downey Jr.'s rival in the latest poster for the tentpole comic-book film.
A bearded Kingsley is decked out in military fatigues, staring straight ahead as incense burns in the background. In the comic-book universe, the Mandarin is a villain who finds alien-made rings and uses them as a weapon.
The film, the follow-up to The Avengers, finds Tony Stark still reeling from having to fend off interplanetary invaders in New York with his all-star superhero team. The billionaire industrialist finds himself fighting "an enemy whose reach knows no bounds," according to the official synopsis.
Iron Man 3 will be released in the U.S. on May 3.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram