Rebecca Hall in Talks to Join 'Iron Man 3'
If a deal is made, the actress would take on the role previously earmarked for Jessica Chastain.
Rebecca Hall is in talks to join the cast of Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3.
The British actress, who might be best known to American audiences for her work in The Town, would step into the shoes recently vacated by Jessica Chastain.
Chastain was in talks to take on the role but wrote on her Facebook page May 6: “My schedule is jammed packed, and I can't fit anything else in. The press announced my possible attachment far too soon. I know many of you wanted me to be involved, and I'm so sorry to disappoint you. Hopefully there'll be another Marvel film in my future.”
Details of the role are being kept secret, though it is known to be a supporting role. The female lead belongs to Gwyneth Paltrow, who plays Tony Stark/Iron Man’s long-suffering girlfriend Pepper Potts. Insiders say that Potts will be a beefed-up presence in the new movie.
Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley also are newcomers to the franchise. They are in various stages of negotiations to join mainstays Robert Downey Jr. and Paltrow, plus Don Cheadle.
Hall, who made Hollywood take notice with her breakout performance in the 2008 Woody Allen movie Vicki Cristina Barcelona, is repped by WME.
Marvel had no comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR