'Iron Man 3' Super Bowl Spot a Display of Aerial Heroics (Video)
Tony Stark must save 13 Air Force One passengers caught in a free fall.
Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is in a classic no-win scenario in the Super Bowl spot for Iron Man 3. When an explosion rips through Air Force One, 13 people are thrown into a free fall. And unfortunately, the Iron Man armor only has the ability to save four people.
That doesn’t deter Stark – who in previous films has made a habit of pushing his armor further than it should be able to go. An extended version available only on Facebook includes new footage of Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin.
Directed by Downey’s Kiss Kiss Bang Bang helmer Shane Black, Iron Man 3 also stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, and Guy Pearce. The film hits theaters May 3.
Marvel Studios previously ran big game spots for Iron Man (2008), 2011’s Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger, and last year’s The Avengers.
Watch the ad below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)