Parody Trailer Mocks 'Iron Man 3': Tony Stark Is 'Regular Man' (Video)
Honest Trailers takes issue with how little Robert Downey Jr. actually wears his superhero armor in the Marvel threequel.
Iron Man 3 is the highest-grossing movie of the year, with more than $1.2 billion in box office returns. But that doesn't mean the Robert Downey Jr. superhero pic is immune from a little fan griping.
For one, there's surprisingly little of Iron Man in the film.
"Tony Stark is 'Regular Man' in Iron Man 3," declares the narrator of Honest Trailers' latest creation, going on to observe that Iron Man archvillain the Mandarin was reduced to a punch line.
The trailer's other gripes include the trilogy ending with the villain being bested by "Gwyneth Paltrow in yoga pants," all of Tony's suits getting blown up for no reason, and Mr. Stark getting an operation turning him into Regular Man forever (at least until Avengers 2).
Honest Trailers, presented by Break Media’s Screen Junkies, has been on a roll this summer, releasing trailers for Star Trek Into Darkness , X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and its first TV property, Breaking Bad. We can't wait until something on Man of Steel pops up.
Watch the trailer below.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Emily Ratajkowski Shows Off Her Long Legs at Golden Globes Award Season Celebration
- Michelle Monaghan & James Marsden Have a 'Best of Me' Reunion at Golden Globe Award Season Celebration
- Hilary Duff Reveals Why She Supports March of Dimes
- Nikki Reed Celebrates The Golden Globes With Amanda Crew & Gina Rodriguez