First 'Iron Man 3' Trailer Reveals Darker Take on the Marvel Hero (Video)
Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark is moody and Ben Kingsley's Mandarin is creepy in the preview for the 'Avengers' followup.
How do you follow up a $1.5 billion blockbuster like The Avengers? If you’re Marvel Studios, you make it personal.
It's apparent that Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is still reeling from the events of The Avengers in the first trailer for Iron Man 3.
"Nothing's been the same since New York," he says. "I can't sleep. And when I do, I have nightmares."
It appears his creations turn on him, as we get a shot of an Iron Man suit sneaking up on Stark in his sleep. We also get a terrifying taste of what Ben Kingsley's performance as Iron Man arch-nemesis Mandarin will be like, with the character giving a creepy voice over.
"Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher," he says. "Lesson number one: Heroes: there is no such thing."
The project reunites Downey with Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper Pots) and Don Cheadle (James Rhodes/War Machine).
The film also stars Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale and Jon Favreau, director of the first two installments. It’s the first of the series with Downey’s Kiss Kiss Bang Bang director, Shane Black, taking over helming duties from Favreau.
Iron Man 3 hits theaters May 3.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR