'Iron Man 3' TV Spot Debuts During Kids' Choice Awards (Video)
The new ad includes plenty of unseen footage and a cocky Robert Downey Jr.
Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) shows off his classic swagger in an Iron Man 3 TV spot, which debuted during Saturday’s Kids’ Choice Awards.
While previous looks at the Marvel Studios film have tended to paint a bleak picture for Stark in his first post-Avengers adventure, the new spot harkens to the lighter tone of 2008’s Iron Man.
“It’s moments like these that I realize what a super hero I am,” Stark says in a voiceover as shots of him performing aerial heroics flash onscreen.
Among the previously unseen footage packed into the 30-second spot is a look at Stark summoning an army of armor. Col. James Rhodes (Don Cheadle) sums it up neatly: “That’s awesome.”
Iron Man 3, from director Shane Black, also stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce. It’s slated for a May 3 release.
Watch the video below.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign