Is There More 'Afterlife' for Archie? (Exclusive Cover Image)
Will what's left of Archie's gals and pals have to abandon their hometown to survive the zombie apocalypse? The series' fifth episode promises an answer.
With Riverdale overrun by the undead, what is the future for Afterlife With Archie? The fifth issue of the series, to be released next March, finishes the first storyline and promises "the most earth-shattering decisions" in Riverdale history -- and THR has an exclusive look at the cover art for the issue.
Despite fan cynicism over the idea of mashing together the Archie characters and the zombie genre, Afterlife With Archie -- written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa with amazing art by Francesco Francavilla -- has become a sleeper hit, garnering critical praise and selling out the first printings of both issues to date.
The fifth issue, the final installment of the "Escape from Riverdale" storyline, is described by the publisher like this: "The do or die moment has arrived! With Lodge Manor under siege by flesh-eating zombies, and the rest of Riverdale in flames, the surviving members of our beloved gang must make a fateful decision: Do they stay in the only home they've ever known, or take their (slim) chances in the outside world? And if they go, where will they go? And does that mean they leave their undead pals 'n gals behind forever? The most earth-shattering decisions will be made in Riverdale history in the newest installment of this TEEN + series! Definitely NOT for all ages!"
Take a look at Francavilla's cover for the issue below.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- 7 Things You Didn't Know About 'Girls,' As Told By Jenni Konner
- Downloading Music Is Quickly Going Out Of Fashion
- Citizenfour Review: Quiet Moments in a Hong Kong Hotel Room as Edward Snowden, Journalists Fight to Save Democracy
- Polyenso's '17 New Years' Just Created Your New Favorite Genre Of Music
- Ryan Gosling Spotted for First Time Since His Baby's Birth!
- Hilary Swank, Ashlee Simpson & Evan Ross Have A Special Evening at Photographer Brian Bowen Smith's Wildlife Show
- Jennifer Lawrence's Umbrella Protects Her from the Sun!
- Evan Rachel Wood Snuggles Up with Katherine Moennig in First Pictures Together!