Isla Fisher in Talks to Join Baz Luhrmann's 'Great Gatsby' (Exclusive)
10:11 AM PDT 4/19/2011 by Borys Kit
She is set to play Myrtle, a married woman having an affair with Buchanan.
Isla Fisher is in negotiations to join Baz Lurhmann’s 3D adaptation of The Great Gatsby being made by Warner Bros.Fisher will join Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan. Ben Affleck is also in negotiations to join the production, which is eyeing a late summer start. DiCaprio is pegged to play the wealthy and mysterious Jay Gatsby, while Maguire is playing Nick Carraway, who in the novel is the narrator. Mulligan is playing Gatsby's love, Daisy Buchanan, who is married to a wealthy chap named Tom Buchanan, whom Affleck would play if his deal makes. Fisher will play Myrtle, a married woman having an affair with Buchanan. She is later killed by a speeding car, an event that leads to the book’s tragic ending. Fisher last appeared in Burke and Hare, John Landis’ period horror thriller that also starred Simon Pegg and Andy Serkis. She recently voice a part in Paramount’s animated film Rango and will be heard again in DreamWorks Animation’s Rise of the Guardians. She is repped by CAA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision