Jack Black's Electric Dynamite Picks Up Remake Rights to 'Wizard's Way'
The movie about gamers and hipsters will premiere at the Slamdance Film Festival this weekend.
The low-budget gamer movie Wizard’s Way is already generating heat before its debut at the Slamdance Film Festival this weekend.
Jack Black and his Electric Dynamite production company have come on to executive produce the movie. At the same time, they have also acquired the remake rights and will develop and produce a large-scale feature project.
Black will serve as an executive producer along with Electric Dynamite’s Priyanka Mattoo.
Way is a British mockumentary/found-footage movie that centers on two ambitious filmmakers who discover what they hope are reality TV stars, a nerd and his friend who play an aging online fantasy video game called Wizard’s Way. Soon, lives on both sides are changed, as a tussle between hipsters and gamers ensues.
The film is written and directed by Joe Stretch, Socrates Adams and Chris Killen. WME Global is handling domestic sales.
Electric Dynamite, Black, Stretch, Adams and Killen are repped by WME. Electric Dynamite is repped by Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'