Jack Black's Electric Dynamite Picks Up Remake Rights to 'Wizard's Way'
The movie about gamers and hipsters will premiere at the Slamdance Film Festival this weekend.
The low-budget gamer movie Wizard’s Way is already generating heat before its debut at the Slamdance Film Festival this weekend.
Jack Black and his Electric Dynamite production company have come on to executive produce the movie. At the same time, they have also acquired the remake rights and will develop and produce a large-scale feature project.
Black will serve as an executive producer along with Electric Dynamite’s Priyanka Mattoo.
Way is a British mockumentary/found-footage movie that centers on two ambitious filmmakers who discover what they hope are reality TV stars, a nerd and his friend who play an aging online fantasy video game called Wizard’s Way. Soon, lives on both sides are changed, as a tussle between hipsters and gamers ensues.
The film is written and directed by Joe Stretch, Socrates Adams and Chris Killen. WME Global is handling domestic sales.
Electric Dynamite, Black, Stretch, Adams and Killen are repped by WME. Electric Dynamite is repped by Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project