Jack O’Connell Signs for Northern Ireland-Set Thriller
Paul Anderson, Richard Dormer and Sean Harris also star in BAFTA-nominated TV director Yann Demange's " '71."
LONDON -- Jack O’Connell (300-Rise of an Empire) is joined by Paul Anderson (Sherlock Holmes), Richard Dormer (Good Vibrations) and Sean Harris (Prometheus, Harry Brown) in Yann Demange's Northern Ireland thriller '71.
Written by playwright Gregory Burke (Black Watch), the movie is billed as an action-chase thriller about a young soldier who has to survive the night on the dangerous streets of Belfast in the chaotic early years of "The Troubles" (the local name for the decades of conflict that subsumed Northern Ireland from the late 1960s into the 1990s).
Produced by Angus Lamont (Donkey Punch) for Crab Apple Films and Robin Gutch (Hunger) for Warp Films, the movie is bankrolled by Film4, BFI Film Fund, Screen Yorkshire, and Creative Scotland.
Martin McCann(Shadow Dancer), Charlie Murphy (The Village), Sam Reid (Serena) and David Wilmot (Anna Karenina) are also cast.
Shooting begins April 15 in Yorkshire for eight weeks.
Demange, a BAFTA-nominated TV director, marks his directorial movie debut with '71.
Protagonist Pictures is selling the title internationally while Studio Canal inked a U.K. distribution deal for the film.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram