Jack O’Connell Signs for Northern Ireland-Set Thriller
Paul Anderson, Richard Dormer and Sean Harris also star in BAFTA-nominated TV director Yann Demange's " '71."
LONDON -- Jack O’Connell (300-Rise of an Empire) is joined by Paul Anderson (Sherlock Holmes), Richard Dormer (Good Vibrations) and Sean Harris (Prometheus, Harry Brown) in Yann Demange's Northern Ireland thriller '71.
Written by playwright Gregory Burke (Black Watch), the movie is billed as an action-chase thriller about a young soldier who has to survive the night on the dangerous streets of Belfast in the chaotic early years of "The Troubles" (the local name for the decades of conflict that subsumed Northern Ireland from the late 1960s into the 1990s).
Produced by Angus Lamont (Donkey Punch) for Crab Apple Films and Robin Gutch (Hunger) for Warp Films, the movie is bankrolled by Film4, BFI Film Fund, Screen Yorkshire, and Creative Scotland.
Martin McCann(Shadow Dancer), Charlie Murphy (The Village), Sam Reid (Serena) and David Wilmot (Anna Karenina) are also cast.
Shooting begins April 15 in Yorkshire for eight weeks.
Demange, a BAFTA-nominated TV director, marks his directorial movie debut with '71.
Protagonist Pictures is selling the title internationally while Studio Canal inked a U.K. distribution deal for the film.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- Dark Graphic Novella Pays Tribute To The 10th Anniversary Of Arcade Fire's 'Funeral'
- Scientists Show Hitchcock Thriller To 'Vegetative' Man, Get Big Surprise
- Nick Jonas On How Fans Have Helped Him Transition From Band Member To Solo Artist
- Kim Kardashian Asks Nasim Pedrad About That 'SNL' Impression
- Jenny McCarthy Hasn't Watched 'The View' Yet: 'I've Been Hearing Mixed Reviews'
- Kirsten Dunst Doesn't Like Watching Herself On Screen
- Ariana Grande's Rumored Boyfriend Big Sean Says They Have 'Great Chemistry'
- Julianna Margulies & Jimmy Fallon Are Hilarious School Principals Who Sing the Morning Announcements (Video)