Jackie Chan Lining Up English-Language Action Comedy (Exclusive)
Jay Longino has been hired to write the project, which Chan will star in and produce.
Jackie Chan is making moves to make his next action movie.
Chan’s JC Group International and Beijing-based production and distribution company Talent International Media Group are teaming up to produce the untitled project and have hired Jay Longino to write it.
Based on an original idea of Chan’s, the story is a two-hander action comedy featuring a detective (Chan) who must track down an American gambler that has skipped out on his debt owed to a Macau casino syndicate. The settings include Hong Kong, Macau, Eastern Europe and mainland China.
Chan is attached to star and will also produce, along with Esmond Ren of TIMG and David Gerson of InterTitle Films.
TIMG will co-finance the film as a Chinese co-production. Many of Chan’s recent projects, especially those made in China, have been in Chinese but this latest one will be in English.
Chan's latest movie is Chinese 12 Zodiac, which he directed, wrote, produced and starred in. The action-adventure picture will premiere in Beijing on December 12, 2012.
Chan, TIMG, and InterTitle are repped by WME. Chan is also repped by Bloom Hergott.
Longino is a feature writer who most recently sold the pilot Raising Blind to FX with Vin Diesel and Ben Younger exec producing. He is repped by WME, ROAR and Morris & Yorn.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Aretha Franklin On New Covers Album: 'I Don't Think I Have Ever Been As Excited As I Am Now'
- This First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch In 'The Hollow Crown' Is Everything
- Rosamund Pike Dishes On Her 'Gone Girl' Sex Scene With Neil Patrick Harris
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' Trailer Looks Like A Total Brain Pleaser
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus Fly Into LA Ahead of Season 5!
- Lena Dunham Opens Up About a College Date Rape Experience
- Matthew McConaughey Gets Inspiring & Philosophical with the Texas Longhorns Football Team - Watch Now!
- Hugh Jackman Joins #FeelingNuts Campaign & Grabs Himself for Testicular Cancer