Jai Courtney Nabs Kyle Reese Role in 'Terminator' Reboot
Jai Courtney has emerged as the one of the saviors of the world.
Courtney has nabbed the role of Kyle Reese in Terminator: Genesis, the reboot being made by Paramount and Skydance, according to several sources. Paramount had no comment.
Emilia Clarke and Jason Clarke are portraying Sarah Connor and John Connor in the movie, which will be directed by Alan Taylor.
The movie has been rigorously testing actors for all parts including that of Reese, the hero who in the original travels to the present to save Sarah Connor and ends up fathering future human resistance hero John Connor.
The role came down to Courtney and Boyd Holbrook, with Holbrook even testing twice.
Courtney played a key role in TV’s Spartacus and played Bruce Willis’ son in A Good Day to Die Hard. He’ll next be seen in YA adaptation Divergent. He's repped by UTA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR