Jake Gyllenhaal in Negotiations to Star Opposite Hugh Jackman in 'Prisoners'
Jake Gyllenhaal, whose police drama End of Watch was a surprise winner at the weekend box office, is in negotiations to star opposite Hugh Jackman in Alcon’s Prisoners.
The gritty thriller, being directed by Denis Villeneuve (Incendies), centers on a small-town carpenter (Jackman) whose young daughter and best friend are kidnapped. After the cops fail to find them, his character takes the law into his own hands, kidnapping the man he suspects is responsible. But as his friend and daughter's captivity continues, the carpenter begins to have doubts that he has the right man.
If a deal is made, Gyllenhaal would play the detective investigating the kidnappings and who butts heads with the carpenter.
Aaron Guzikowski (Contraband) wrote the script.
Alcon’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson are producing along with 8:38 Productions’ Kira Davis and Madhouse Entertainment’s Adam Kolbrenner. Ed McDonnell and John Stark will executive produce.
Alcon is looking at an early 2013 start.
Gyllenhaal’s End of Watch, which also starred Michael Pena, opened with $13.1 million, good enough to beat out Clint Eastwood’s Trouble With the Curve and The House at the End of the Street, starring Jennifer Lawrence.
He is repped by WME and Bloom Hergott.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR