Jake Gyllenhaal in Negotiations to Star in Revenge Thriller 'Motor City'
Gyllenhaal would replace Dominic Cooper, who was previously cast but exited due to a scheduling conflict with another project, "Cities."
Jake Gyllenhaal is in negotiations to star in Motor City, the Dark Castle revenge thriller being directed by Albert Hughes. Warner Bros. is distributing.
Gyllenhaal would replace Dominic Cooper, who was previously cast but exited due to a scheduling conflict with another project, Cities.
Gary Oldman and Amber Heard already have been cast in the pic, about a small-time hood (Gyllenhaal) who is framed and sent to prison by a drug trafficker, only to relentlessly exact revenge years later to get back the woman he loves.
A May production start in Berlin is being planned.
Chad St. John wrote the script.Joel Silver and Andrew Rona are producing. Douglas Urbanski and Ethan Erwin are exec producing.
Gyllenhaal last starred in Source Code, which grossed almost $150 million wordwide, and has David Ayers’ cop drama End of Watch in the can. He is repped by WME and Bloom Hergott.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR