First 'Skyfall' Clip: James Bond, Destruction Worker (Video)
On the 50th anniversary of the first 007 film, "Dr. No," a look at Bond's past, present and future. All very handsome, of course.
James Bond: Secret agent, ladies' man, construction worker.
Wait, a blue-collar turn for the black tie 007? Not exactly, but he does prove that he can operate a crane to devestating impact in this first clip from the upcoming 23rd Bond film, Skyfall.
We've seen plenty of action on forward-chugging trains before (it's pretty much where film got its start), but rare is it that a guy busts open the back of one with a massive construction vehicle. And looks so darn cool and collected while doing so. But that's Bond: a special character, who on Friday celebrates his 50th anniversary of being on screen.
While Daniel Craig stars in this Bond film -- his third -- it all started with Sean Connery in Dr. No, one of a flurry of 007 flicks to come out in the early '60s. The franchise has been counting down to this special occassion all summer and fall, and to honor the birth of the world's most cunning (and shape-shifting) spy hero, EON has posted a new blog video featuring some of the people who have made this series happen, including producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson, along with the new film's director, Sam Mendes.
But Skyfall is the main focus; Craig is on a massive promotional tour, including SNL this weekend.
Watch both the new clip and the throwback one below.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- See the Beautiful Book Jacket for Jami Attenberg’s Saint Mazie
- Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Sarah Jessica Parker & Kate Hudson Are Fashion Muses for THR's Top Designers
- Matt Bomer's Robot Hand Won't Let Go of Liv Tyler's Breast in 'Space Station 76' Clip (Exclusive)
- Chloe Moretz: Denzel Washington is a 'Master Class in Acting'
- Jamie Foxx Releases 'Party Ain't a Party,' First New Song Since 2010