James Bond Tosses Martini, Switches to Heineken
007 shakes and stirs things up by sipping beer instead of his signature cocktail.
James Bond fans, prepare to get shaken and stirred: 007 ditches his trademark martini for Heineken in an ad campaign tied to the fall premiere of Skyfall, starring Daniel Craig as the iconic agent.
According to Ad Age, Craig will star in a Heineken spot to air internationally. The commercial is a creation of agency Wieden & Kennedy, Amsterdam with Fredrik Bond (no relation) as director. In addition, the actor will sip from the label's beer in at least one scene in Skyfall.
As part of the brand's collaboration with the Bond franchise, imagery of the character will be included on packaging materials.
Heineken USA marketing exec Lesya Lysyj called Bond the "perfect fit for us" and the "epitome of the man of the world."
Speaking of manly worldliness, the swashbuckling ladies' man will open the 2012 London Olympic Games, as previously reported.
Following a personal invite to Buckingham Palace, Craig filmed an introduction for the summer games in which Bond gets an assignment to launch the event, parachuting into Olympic Stadium in Stratford, east London.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game