James Bond Tosses Martini, Switches to Heineken
007 shakes and stirs things up by sipping beer instead of his signature cocktail.
James Bond fans, prepare to get shaken and stirred: 007 ditches his trademark martini for Heineken in an ad campaign tied to the fall premiere of Skyfall, starring Daniel Craig as the iconic agent.
According to Ad Age, Craig will star in a Heineken spot to air internationally. The commercial is a creation of agency Wieden & Kennedy, Amsterdam with Fredrik Bond (no relation) as director. In addition, the actor will sip from the label's beer in at least one scene in Skyfall.
As part of the brand's collaboration with the Bond franchise, imagery of the character will be included on packaging materials.
Heineken USA marketing exec Lesya Lysyj called Bond the "perfect fit for us" and the "epitome of the man of the world."
Speaking of manly worldliness, the swashbuckling ladies' man will open the 2012 London Olympic Games, as previously reported.
Following a personal invite to Buckingham Palace, Craig filmed an introduction for the summer games in which Bond gets an assignment to launch the event, parachuting into Olympic Stadium in Stratford, east London.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg
- Check Out the Real-Life Better Call Saul Billboard
- Everything We Know About the Production of Game of Thrones Season 5
- The Real Housewives of New York City Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Drescher Threw Her Leg