James Cameron Brings in Writer Josh Friedman for 'Avatar 2' Script
The "War of the Worlds" writer joins Cameron on the sequel to the mega-blockbuster.
James Cameron has enlisted War of the Worlds writer Josh Friedman to work on the Avatar 2 screenplay.
20th Century Fox is eyeing a Christmas 2015 release for the film.
Cameron has been holed up in New Zealand working on the script that will follow up his 2009 mega-blockbuster.
The move is an ironic twist given that Friedman was an executive producer on the TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which Cameron had nothing to do with despite creating the characters with Gale Anne Hurd. Furthermore, Friedman ended his relationship with the studio in March, when he left 20th Television and signed a two-year deal with Universal Television.
But the Avatar 2 gig provides a real feather in his cap given the success of the first film, the highest-grossing movie of all time.
Friedman, whose credits also include The Black Dahlia, is repped by UTA and attorney Karl Austen.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR