EXCLUSIVE: James Cameron Reunites With 'Avatar' Producer for 'Fantastic Voyage'
Laeta Kalogridis, who worked with James Cameron on Avatar, is reuniting with the filmmaker for Fantastic Voyage. Kalogridis has been tapped for rewrite duties on Fox's remake of the 1966 sci-fi classic that Cameron is producing.
The long-in-development project has seen Shane Salerno and Cormac and Marianne Wibberly among the scribes who have attempted to tackle the script. Paul Greengrass also flirted with the project this year but never committed.
Voyage revolves around a team of scientists who are shrunk to atomic size and sent in a miniature submarine inside the body of a scientist to save his life.
Cameron is producing with his Lightstorm Entertainment partner Jon Landau.
Kalogridis, who wrote Shutter Island for Martin Scorsese, was involved in the writing of Avatar, for which she received an executive producer credit.
The WME-repped scribe is writing Ghost in the Shell for Avi Arad and DreamWorks and rewriting Nine Lives for Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney. She sold an original pitch to Legendary, with Rae Sanchini, Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni producing.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR