James Cameron Spins Off 'Avatar' Book Series
"Jumper" author Steven Gould will pen four stand-alone novels that will expand on the universe created in the hit 2009 film.
Avatar fans can look forward to a big helping of print to go along with the three film sequels.
James Cameron has tapped noted science fiction writer Steven Charles Gould to write four stand-alone novels that will be set in and expand the Avatar universe originated in the 2009 film.
Titles, stories and release dates for the books have not yet been announced. Cameron begins filming the first Avatar sequel next year. The movie is set to be released in December 2016.
Gould is best known for Jumper, about a boy who can teleport through space that was turned into a 2008 film starring Hayden Christensen and Rachel Bilson.
He was a finalist for the Nebula Award and is president of the Science Fiction Writers of America.
"Steven Gould is one of the shining lights in contemporary science fiction," said Cameron. "I've long admired the worlds and characters he's created in his books and stories. We're very fortunate to have Steven bring his formidable talents to the Avatar universe. He is already working closely with me and the screenwriters to flesh out the expanding world of Avatar.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR