Jamie Rich Comes 'From The Gutters' in New Interview Series (Video)
New comics interview series launches with a three-part conversation with independent giant Matt Wagner.
How are comics made, and what do comics and storytelling have to do with food? Those are just two of the questions addressed in the first episode of From The Gutters, a new video series in which comic writer and editor Jamie S. Rich talks to comic creators about their process, their work and the life outside the medium.
The first episode of the series --- split into three YouTube videos, below -- sees Rich talking to Matt Wagner, the writer and artist responsible for early independent hits Grendel and Mage as well as work for DC Comics such as Trinity and The Demon, about food, feminism and the importance of clear layouts on the comic page.
Future episodes of the series will feature Mike Allred, Michael Avon Oeming, Becky Cloonan and Image Comics publisher Eric Stephenson, with new episodes being posted weekly accompanied by the uncut interview footage of the previous week's guest. It's a smart, interesting take on the traditional comic book interview, and well worth checking out.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game