Jamie Rich Comes 'From The Gutters' in New Interview Series (Video)
New comics interview series launches with a three-part conversation with independent giant Matt Wagner.
How are comics made, and what do comics and storytelling have to do with food? Those are just two of the questions addressed in the first episode of From The Gutters, a new video series in which comic writer and editor Jamie S. Rich talks to comic creators about their process, their work and the life outside the medium.
The first episode of the series --- split into three YouTube videos, below -- sees Rich talking to Matt Wagner, the writer and artist responsible for early independent hits Grendel and Mage as well as work for DC Comics such as Trinity and The Demon, about food, feminism and the importance of clear layouts on the comic page.
Future episodes of the series will feature Mike Allred, Michael Avon Oeming, Becky Cloonan and Image Comics publisher Eric Stephenson, with new episodes being posted weekly accompanied by the uncut interview footage of the previous week's guest. It's a smart, interesting take on the traditional comic book interview, and well worth checking out.
Follow Heat Vision
- Marvin Gaye's Sister Zeola Sets The Record Straight On Reported Family Feud Over 'Blurred Lines' Lawsuit
- New Film Healing of Love Is Challenging the Paradigm of Relationships
- The Death of Fake Reality Television, The Birth of 'Connected'
- Morgan Spurlock, 'One Direction: This Is Us' Director: Zayn Malik 'Struggled The Most' With Touring Demands
- Pia Mia Seduces Us In 'F--k With U' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Jamie Chung Has a Condom Problem in 'Resident Advisors' Clip (Exclusive Video)
- Mark Wahlberg Producing Boston Marathon Bombing Movie 'Patriot's Day'
- Stephen Amell Signs Up to Play Megan Fox's Love Interest in 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'