Jamie Rich Comes 'From The Gutters' in New Interview Series (Video)
New comics interview series launches with a three-part conversation with independent giant Matt Wagner.
How are comics made, and what do comics and storytelling have to do with food? Those are just two of the questions addressed in the first episode of From The Gutters, a new video series in which comic writer and editor Jamie S. Rich talks to comic creators about their process, their work and the life outside the medium.
The first episode of the series --- split into three YouTube videos, below -- sees Rich talking to Matt Wagner, the writer and artist responsible for early independent hits Grendel and Mage as well as work for DC Comics such as Trinity and The Demon, about food, feminism and the importance of clear layouts on the comic page.
Future episodes of the series will feature Mike Allred, Michael Avon Oeming, Becky Cloonan and Image Comics publisher Eric Stephenson, with new episodes being posted weekly accompanied by the uncut interview footage of the previous week's guest. It's a smart, interesting take on the traditional comic book interview, and well worth checking out.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch